The BOD POD Gold Standard Body Composition Tracking System is an air displacement plethysmograph that uses whole-body densitometry to determine body composition (fat and fat-free mass). A full test requires only about 5 minutes, and provides highly accurate, safe, comfortable, and fast test results.
Subject Test Protocol
- No food, water, or exercise for at least 2 hours prior to testing
- Subject should be dry (no lotions), relaxed, and at normal body temperature
- All jewelry, eyeglasses, and other types of accessories should be removed
- Recommended clothing
- Men: form-fitting Speedo® or Lycra® / spandex-type swimsuit, or single-layer compression shorts (without padding)
- Women: form-fitting Speedo® or Lycra® / spandex-type swimsuit, or single-layer compression shorts and sports bra (without padding or wires)
- A swim cap must be worn to compress the hair on the head (provided)
All participates must complete a waiver.
Liability Release Form
Liability Release Form (Under 18)
$50 per session
$10 for faculty/staff Cedar Crest College
FREE for Cedar Crest College students
To schedule your Bod Pod appointment email: